Which is the better wheelset?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I'm full of questions today. Rejigging a few builds to aid the clear out. Currently the clockwork is wearing m737 hubs and mavic 230 tib rims. Nothing wrong with them at all (though a regrease is probably in order as they havent turned for about 4 years). I've also got a set of mavic crosslinks hanging from the rafters which I've just serviced so are in fine fettle too.

My wife has an aversion to brown/copper metal which is the finish of the 230 rims. Swapping them over would mean less for my wife to dislike about the bike, she may even ride it one day.

Stick or twist?

Re:

I think you already answered your own question there.. ;)

The 230TIB rims are pretty light, but I'm with Mrs ishaw on this one , I never did like the colour of them much.

Re: Re:

jimo746":rp4bd7ae said:
I think you already answered your own question there.. ;)

The 230TIB rims are pretty light, but I'm with Mrs ishaw on this one , I never did like the colour of them much.
Cheers, I think you might be right. Means breaking up the groupset, but maybe that might be a good thing, as have been pondering whether to swap out the cantis for v brakes anyway. With the cable run as it is (all cables down the right side of the top tube), it might be a bad looking cable run, or an excuse to break out the onza v brakes.....

Back