Is it right to be scared of a bike ?

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
I have ridden my 1992 Kona Explosif twice for about 15 miles, it scares me :oops:

It just wants to rip my head off and smash me into the ground, shall I just stop being a baby and man up or take up a more gentle sport :D

:facepalm: :LOL:

What exactly is the issue? A bit twitchy? Longer lower stem would sort that If it's all a bit much.

I did say you have to pay attention on it.

:cool:

Imagine the disc version!

Re:

Its a cracking bike and rides just right no need to change a thing only the rider sat on it :oops:

It just scares me that's all, I am even going to have to cover it up with a sheet in the shed, or maybe get a exorcism done as it may be possessed :shock:

The History Man":wf87ytso said:
:facepalm: :LOL:

What exactly is the issue? A bit twitchy? Longer lower stem would sort that If it's all a bit much.

I did say you have to pay attention on it.

:cool:

Imagine the disc version!

Is that for sale :facepalm:

NO!

Did the HONC on it and it didn't put a foot wrong, even at 40mph downhill offroad. Mental. Had to hang on though.

I've ridden some twitchy bikes - my Heckler is a bit like that on the wrong tyres, as was my Zaskar when I had a stem that was slightly too long on....

Provided the wheelbase is right, the frame isnt twisted or buckled then its down to your set up....

Pap tyres can make the difference between heaven and hell.
Not something modernish with a fairly shallow tread is it per chance?

1.9 Vredestein grinder on the back and a 2.1 kenda nevegal on the front if he's left them as they were.

The History Man":2sojpm8d said:
1.9 Vredestein grinder on the back and a 2.1 kenda nevegal on the front if he's left them as they were.

Still the same, the bikes not twitchy, it just demands respect, attention and skill :D

Sadly I only have the first 2 :oops:

Back