Rocky Mountain Altitude TO (1997) decal colour?

a4racer

Dirt Disciple
Good afternoon all! I'm working on my first retro-ish build, and my frame is in the shop for a repaint. Which won't be easy given the maple leaf fade on that particular frame, so fingers crossed!

I'm ordering decals from velocals--I heard they do good work! Just a quick question, I know that the top tube decals (ALTITUDE T.O.) would be tomato red, but what "yellow" do you folks think I'll need for the downtube "ROCKY MOUNTAIN" lettering? I was thinking 705 "Bright Yellow" but perhaps 15 "Yellow" (may be too gold?) (as seen on their item page: http://www.velocals.com/rocky-mountain- ... t-sku-977/)

I'd love your opinions on colour matching!

Thanks all!!!

ask velocal to match the yellow colour used in the printed of the logo badge. my guess would be 15 yellow and not 705 bright yellow (too light). if anything, perhaps pick 155 lemon, which is inbetween the two. the problem is you can't accurately guage colour shades on monitors, as on screen colours can be adjusted and so can vary between what you see and what someone else sees, unless a calibration tool is used.

Back