Removing lettering on wheels

Clearly not stickers else you woyldnt be asking, but are theu decals?

If painted on, then some sort if chemical, try rubbing with white spurit or petrok, obviuosly look at the clith to see if the white oainr is cimung off.

Or by abrasion, try rubbing with toothpaste.

Re:

If they are screen printed on, Acetone, which you can buy at the chemists, on a bit of rag should work.

Re:

HG sticky stuff remover has always worked well on seatposts for me.

and you get high whilst doing it!

RBG

Acetone...as previously mentioned

Use in a well ventilated area and away from naked flames ;)

Unless they have used a 2 pack ink when screen printing them as this will take more effort...

Re:

Goo Gone is pretty good stuff.
It's an American citrus based cleaner. I've used it quite a few times to remove print from bars.

Re:

Surgical spirit from the chemists soaked into a cloth with a few applications and general rubbing can do it. This is non-abrasive – you don't want to be using anything that eats or grinds away at rims. I've used surgical spirit a few times to remove unwanted decals/stickers/printed on graphics. I discovered this by chance when I was degreasing the bike once and noticed it was dissolving and removing the graphics printed directly on a stem and old seat post.

Also, as Gil mentioned – nail polish remover can too but don't let your partner catch you!

Nail varnish remover will do the trick if it's a decentbrand and shouldn't leave any unwanted marks ..

Re: Re:

xerxes":1r9uvhoo said:
If they are screen printed on, Acetone, which you can buy at the chemists, on a bit of rag should work.

Acetone from the chemist is hellishly expensive.Cheapest route is nail varnish remover
Cheapest cheapo option is pound shop nail varnish remover. ;)

Acetone is or was rather used in furniture making for stripping 2 part lacquers. It is the only thing you can use, especially in restoration of older lacquered 50's-70's type stuff.
Then the gov in their infinite wisdom(terrorism reason :facepalm: ) banned it in quantity.

So for stripping older pieces the usual supplier said nope, and rolls eyes to heaven, leaving me wondering how to buy 2ltrs of acetone from outside a furniture finish supplier.
Found it in poundland at quid for 150ml. Chemist will charge you £4 for 40ml
Poundland is pure acetone(mind and check, unless you crave floral scents) and trade is about 8/ltr so a tenner for poundshop stuff is a very good deal indeed.

You get a number of funny looks being at the till in the £ shop with 30 bottles. They probably think youre an alcoholic :LOL:

Back