Marin East Peak (year 2000) rear disc brake mount adapter

Presky

Retro Newbie
Can anyone help? I need a rear disc caliper mount adapter for a Marin East Peak, 2000 model. It's the part shown in the photo (link below) and adapts the Marin frame hole spacings to standard IS. I can't get this part from anywhere and have tried Marin directly as well.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6471p15wqasd9 ... .jpeg?dl=0

Does anyone either know where I can get on of these OR have the dimensioned drawings so that I can get one machined?

All help appreciated.

Item number 391368889899 on eBay is worth a look.

Depends on the rear swing arm too. I used this on my 2000 Mount Vision rear end...

rjmeyc.jpg

At the top is the original, and underneath is the one I made...

no68t1.jpg

From a sheet of this...

zv5uhe.w

Thanks. The part on the eBay link is the same as the mount I already have which unfortunately is the wrong part. I need the same adapter mount that you have used on your Mount Vision, where did you get the original to template it? Do you have any dimensions or a scan of the original that you could share?

I guess I could email a photocopy of it. PM me your email details and I'll get it done this week.

Nice job! The adapter I need is a bit smaller than the one on Ebay and is meant to have a standard IS to Post Mount 160 rotor adapter bolted to it before the caliper is bolted on. So the IS to post mount adapter covers the right distance depending on the rotor sixe being used.

Anyway, that's my theory but until I get one made I won't know for sure!

Benandemu":1jjk49na said:
Item number 391368889899 on eBay is worth a look.

Depends on the rear swing arm too. I used this on my 2000 Mount Vision rear end...

Thanks for sharing this, unfortunately I have not been able to find this item on Ebay UK or Ebay.com.
Yes, I'm another one with the problem of finding a suitable disk brake adapter for this frame :facepalm:

With some Google help, turns out that apparently some people had the original drawings, and I know a reliable machine shop that can make a proper one. Can someone here provide some help in regards of dimensions for this adapater? That would be much appreciated, thanks! :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back