I need to stop buying stuff!

MCsanandreas

Mountain Cycle Fan
Feedback
View
Just when I think I have loads of bikes and bits and should ride instead of building I spend more money on bits!
Going to pick up more stuff next week that I have bought from here.

Help! How do I resist "stuff"?

Re:

I'm glad it's not only me!

Looking for a bigger house right now, to accomodate my lot :roll: :LOL:

Just say No and ask yourself why ? or bury your head in the parts bin and live in constant denial :D

MCsanandreas":1virrhwc said:
Just when I think I have loads of bikes and bits and should ride instead of building I spend more money on bits!
Going to pick up more stuff next week that I have bought from here.

Help! How do I resist "stuff"?

Take up another hobby.

al.

For the first time this morning since really getting into this hobby I got "the look" when my latest acquisition arrived. My protestations about how special it was fell on deaf ears. It didn't help as I have really done my back in so I needed "someone else" to carry it out to the garage.

Given the state of my back I have been banned from opening it for the timebeing.

Oh yes, and for the record I have 12 complete bikes, a further two in bits, another 3 frames and assorted parts.

Admittedly 6 of those are moderns (both road and MTB) and 2 of the retros are for sale or about to be for sale so that doesn't seem outlandish.

I am currently clearing my garage ready for demolition / rebuild.
I have bought 3 new bikes in the last week.
That is not how to clear a garage.

RickTheUncivil":1cymqi5q said:
I am currently clearing my garage ready for demolition / rebuild.
I have bought 3 new bikes in the last week.
That is not how to clear a garage.

Yeah, part of the disapproval factor coming my way was that we're moving soon into rented accommodation as our place has sold and we haven't found anywhere to buy that we really like. The rented place doesn't have the double garage and big shed that I have managed to fill with bike and car stuff so I was supposed to be using it as an opportunity to streamline.

I sold 3 bikes and quite a few frames recently.

I won a bike and ended up being given an extra one as well.

And have somehow ended up with more than I started with :facepalm:

Back