Magura HS33 help

boyReid

Dirt Disciple
I got some HS33's with Evo2 adaptors to put on my old Kona but it turns out that they hold the brakes too far out from the rim - even with TPA wound to the limit the pads only just touch.

I have vague memories of an old set of HS33's that i had which used 'little rubber arms' rather than the Evo brace to hold the brakes in position - does anyone know what they are called, if they can be retro fitted and, if so, if / where you find them?

Alternatively, if there's another solution or you'd like to point out just how stupid I'm being, please let me know!

Thanks.

The slaves still have the plastic location collars. Undo the whole lot and slide the collars back to place the slaves closer to the rim. Then retighten the Evo 2.

Re:

I've undone, moved the plastic collars and located as close as i can but still only just touch the rim.

The problem seems to be the Evo2 brace which only allows the mounting to be help in 1 position - if i remember right, the old ones allowed you to rotate them inwards to a position that suited.

Have you tried swapping the 2 piece brackets that hold the calipers around? ie from left to right? One way round puts the csliper closer to the rim.

I'll try and find a pic to explain what I mean...

Re:

Symmetrical you say? Got a pic?

Like this ??

Attachments

• werkstatt-hydr-felgenbremse-004.jpg
    werkstatt-hydr-felgenbremse-004.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 543
Ok, I see your dilemma.
Not sure I can see what else to try at the moment, other than find some of the older style brackets??

Re:

The old one allowed you to rotate to get them in the position the Evo2 setup uses and still have contact with the frame.

You either need the oddest mounts or push the slave further in. Or use wider rims.

You still have 5mm on both sides to move the slaves further to the rim. Where is the problem?

Back