Pace RC100 rebuild

whitefrazer

Retro Newbie
hi Guys
i have a pace rc100 serial number 263 i think
its in bits and pieces, the only thing that is missing is the stem (nightmare to find)
i would dearly love to put the thing back into operation and was wondering if anyone has any contact info for someone to paint it and build it back up for me.
im too busy with work (or lazy, delete as appropriate)to get involved too much, i would just like to send it off in a bucket of bits, throw some money at it and get it back to me in good condition
thanks in advance
frazer

There was a stem for sale on here very recently. Should be on the first few pages of the sale section. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Here you go:http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=343636&hilit=Pace

Cheap as chips IMHO.

whitefrazer":2xb3bbsp said:
hi Guys
 if anyone has any contact info for someone to build it back up for me.
im too busy with work (or lazy, delete as appropriate)to get involved too much, i would just like to send it off in a bucket of bits, throw some money at it and get it back to me in good condition
thanks in advance
frazer

Cant paint it be building is a piece of cake, what are the hourly rates?

It be more hassle and time to pack and taks it to po or courier than it take time ti reassemble.

....and if you dont have time to build it, then how will you have time to ride it.. .. so its probably laziness .... and that is ok, some are simply not interested in the build process,have the tools, skills etc.

I love the restoration and rebuild process, hunting down bits and the such like.

Frazer if you want someone to do this, let me know via a PM. I'd like to see pics either here or via an email just so I can see what i'd be working with.

You could get a bike shop to do it but it would cost you a lot and they may try to put modern parts on rather than the correct retro if it's not there.

Tim :)

It might be helpful if you say where you are Frazer as there may be someone local to you who would be prepared to build it up.
Be a bit wary of who you give it to though as just because the folk on here are enthusiasts it doesn't mean they all have mechanical sympathy!
Look for a thread about fitting headset cups for confirmation. :shock: :facepalm:

firedfromthecircus":1g20dyc4 said:
Be a bit wary of who you give it to though as just because the folk on here are enthusiasts it doesn't mean they all have mechanical sympathy!
Look for a thread about fitting headset cups for confirmation. :shock: :facepalm:

Headset cups? Simple! Big hammer, brick, job done!

Frazer, I'd be happy to build it up for you, be aware that the headtubes on these frames can crack quite easily though, at least that's been my experience when fitting headset cups, can't really see why though? :?

PS: I'm an Engineer, so it'll be in safe hands ;)

Re:

RC100's are certainly only 1" headset, so the 1 1/8" option is no use, also I've never seen a cracked RC100 head tube, the wall thickness is huge, RC200 frames maybe

You could have one made up by a competent framebuilder, happy to supply dimensions if that's any help

You say this is the only part missing, I assume you have the Bullseye cranks and the BB is in a usable state, also the Magura brakes or at least the piston mounts for the frame?

Paint and decals are all possible, I know a chap that might, with some arm twisting help you out there ;)

Latest posts

Back