Disc Brake Conversion Advice

Mikb23

Old School Hero
Has anyone here converted an pre-disc frame to discs with a bolt on adapter and if so, how well does it work?

If anyone has been successful I would appreciate a recommendation/advice?

It's for a 1994 Killer V900 (the one without the protruding chain stays).

Thanks.

Yes, a made an adapter ti fix rear swing arm of a proflex. Probably easier than in you case as i used the bolt for the seat stay link and a small bolt hole near the drop out.

There are adaoters that bolt onto the stay and use the axle as the two mountin points, or other type uses a rod to attach to brake boss, no exoerience if either but id prefer brake boss version as it would put less stress on chain stay.

Re. Brakes, shimani hydraulic are as good enough.

Dont forget you will need disc hubs, and shifters if ones fitted are brake/shifer sti units.

02gf74":2hhowt8f said:
Yes, a made an adapter ti fix rear swing arm of a proflex. Probably easier than in you case as i used the bolt for the seat stay link and a small bolt hole near the drop out.

There are adaoters that bolt onto the stay and use the axle as the two mountin points, or other type uses a rod to attach to brake boss, no exoerience if either but id prefer brake boss version as it would put less stress on chain stay.

Thanks for that. I've already got a new wheelset with discs. Going single speed so no need for shifters on this one!

The bikes a bit of a shed but was extremely cheap. Will post some pics on here when it's delivered. Will be my first single speed so may be looking for some advice!

Re. Brakes, shimani hydraulic are as good enough.

Dont forget you will need disc hubs, and shifters if ones fitted are brake/shifer sti units.

Latest posts

Back