Is there a Workshop/Workbench thread?

Bicycle Addict

Retro Guru
I am not out to start a thread that may have been done numerous times before!
I am setting up a workshop in a corner downstairs and want to have my tool board on the back of my work bench, and shelves on one side which I will build.
I plan to have a flouro light above it, and just wonder how others have done it?

So, I am wanting to see what other Retro bikers have done?
If there is a thread in Retro MTB Chat I could not find it, has there been one?

Thanks guys. Paul.

Re:

Try searching for "Man Cave" as i think theres been a couple of threads about them.

Re:

I used the basic cabinets from the local DIY store with a solid wood worktop (can be sanded down when dented unlike Formica). I then use tool cabinets for all my tools and a bike stand for repairs:

13c6348789c6136a98ebbc2ff71e0c4c_zpssfyuiipj.jpg

Half the reason I bought this house was the triple length garage which is now divided as 1/3 car, 1/3 bikes, 1/3 workshop

Ive a handy wee thing thats good for a spot at the back of a bench.

Magnetic pad :cool:
The one in pic is about 10"x7"
I use it for somewhere to place metal things in use so they dont get lost or you need to know its whereabouts- like the square steel plate, which is my setting jig for my planer blades, or as you see ,storage for bits ,tiny drill bits etc. The wee things that get lost :?
Mine is made from the clamp that holds a sign to a car roof.
I (many moons ago) arrived home one early evening with a learner driver roof sign :oops: Yes, I probably pinched it, but in my defence it was 20 years ago and I was very very drunk.
Flat magnetic on a mild steel backing, which gives you something to secure through.
-----------------------------------------------

@ Pete, nice set up but the cabinets on top not get in the way for using the vice ?

Attachments

• RIMG0031 (Small).JPG
    RIMG0031 (Small).JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 494
Your workshop is nicer than my kitchen Pete :LOL:

dyna-ti":2cl0084j said:
@ Pete, nice set up but the cabinets on top not get in the way for using the vice ?

The perspectives a bit off but the top cabinets are half depth and the bottom ones are pulled out from the walls by an extra 10cm to give a load of space so it all works. The key check for me is can I remove a cassette from a wheel using the vice, fortunately the answer is yes!

Oh and nice dirt drop set up on top of the wall unit Pete :cool:

Back