Questions on: '94 Specialized Stumpjumper s-works FSR Retro

SavagePower

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
How much is this actually worth guys? I know some of these variants go for much more (which model are those) but I just like the frame geometry and red on this one. Cheers :cool:

1994 Specialized Stumpjumper s-works FSR Retro Mountain Bike

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222074281161? ... EBIDX%3AIT

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
stumpjumper1990":213g6f0w said:
Don't think it's worth this much....
More likely around 200 GBP....

Yeah me thoughts too.

What are the really rare versions of this model called? I thought they were S-Work... bit confused.

Thanks

Don't get me wrong. It's a nice frame, but the components aren't anything special.
It should have a FSX fork and a least XT or XTR components.
The frame is one of the more expensive ones, but I think you are buying frame only as a start of a nice project...

What puzzles me is that it is a S-Works FSR frame with the components of a 1994 Stumpjumper FSR...
Could be original because the S-Works frames were also sold frame only. I can't imagine someone buying a S-Works frame and put LX-components on it...

stumpjumper1990":3k4ph6zs said:
What puzzles me is that it is a S-Works FSR frame with the components of a 1994 Stumpjumper FSR...
Could be original because the S-Works frames were also sold frame only. I can't imagine someone buying a S-Works frame and put LX-components on it...

You and I both...

Those are not the right decals for that frame, I think. The 94 models had white letters with black and gold outline:

I would assume, someone put those yello stickers on later. So you cant really tell its a s-works or not. The parts say otherwise. And the fork + cranks make it look like it was not sold es a single frame.

The asking price seems much too high to me, too. Here in Germany the frames go for 100 to 150 Euro, 600 Euro might be the price for a fully kitted out version in good, original condition.

Thias":2gzvtot8 said:
Those are not the right decals for that frame, I think. The 94 models had white letters with black and gold outline:

I would assume, someone put those yello stickers on later. So you cant really tell its a s-works or not. The parts say otherwise. And the fork + cranks make it look like it was not sold es a single frame.

The asking price seems much too high to me, too. Here in Germany the frames go for 100 to 150 Euro, 600 Euro might be the price for a fully kitted out version in good, original condition.

Thanks for the info mate

Thias":21qyd4ja said:

Don't think this is a 94 model. Looks more like a 95 model to me...
yellow decals was 1993 and 1994, white decals 1995. If I do recall it correctly....

stumpjumper1990":31dmzioe said:
Thias":31dmzioe said:

Don't think this is a 94 model. Looks more like a 95 model to me...
yellow decals was 1993 and 1994, white decals 1995. If I do recall it correctly....

Thanks for the info as well mate

Back