Ridgeback with full XTR - who knew?!

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It was always said to be the cheapest way to buy a full XTR groupset - buy a Ridgeback and throw the frame away...

For £31, I think you did well!

Re:

Just seems wrong that a bike like that sells for £31 :shock: Not knocking you the buyer OP. The top end Ridgebacks from the late 80s and early 90s were amazing riding top notch, fillet brazed prestige goodness.

Re: Re:

M-Power":1z41kluq said:
Just seems wrong that a bike like that sells for £31 :shock: Not knocking you the buyer OP. The top end Ridgebacks from the late 80s and early 90s were amazing riding top notch, fillet brazed prestige goodness.

The frame is 15.5" it could be yours for a minimal sum.... :LOL:

The rims have both been drilled, one hole on each approximately 180 degrees from the valve hole - why would you do this? I'm struggling to assess the degree of wear - they're RM17s and were concave to start with! :facepalm:

SP

Attachments

• Drilled_rim.jpg
    Drilled_rim.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 541

Splatter Paint":zpcjgtb4 said:
M-Power":zpcjgtb4 said:

The rims have both been drilled, one hole on each approximately 180 degrees from the valve hole - why would you do this? I'm struggling to assess the degree of wear - they're RM17s and were concave to start with! :facepalm:

SP

I have a 604 XT already ;) Drilling holes in rims....wtf ? :LOL:

Splatter Paint":2fl88xsp said:
M-Power":2fl88xsp said:

SP

bitd we tried this and fitted two inner tubes . The idea being if you got a puncture you'd pump up the other tube to save time. Needless to say it didn't take off.......

Re:

"bitd we tried this and fitted two inner tubes . The idea being if you got a puncture you'd pump up the other tube to save time. Needless to say it didn't take off......."

Really?! Not joking?

I think the 'pick p in person' puts people off from even looking at the pics :? But £31 :shock: has to be one of the top bargains seen ever :D

"bitd we tried this and fitted two inner tubes . The idea being if you got a puncture you'd pump up the other tube to save time. Needless to say it didn't take off......."

Bizarre enough to be true :LOL:

Back