Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
My Dawes Cougar?

Quality shifting, quality build, BUT TERRIBLE GEOMETRY :facepalm:

Any pedal stomping immediately resulted in unwelcome wheelies making climbing anything steeper than a Fenland gradient all but impossible.

But I miss it, I dont know why...

Anyone else miss a guilty pleasure?

file.php

Here it is in action trying to throw me off

PICT0049_zpsa0d4556f.jpg

Re:

Couldn't you have sorted out a lower front end?
Mine would have to be the '95 Bontrager Privateer I built up. Lovely bike, but too small, and my back suffered

What you need is something beginning with S ! ;)

Mike

Re:

Well, I've got a current guilty pleasure that tries to kill me each ride, most recently on the NE & West Yorkshire Nidderdale ride, my Orange Prestige . Great frame, great build, but pure evil if I don't give it 100% full attention.

But strangely, despite its Jekyll and Hyde persona (or perhaps because of it?) i really like riding it. I liked it so much that having sold it many years ago I bought the same frame back again :facepalm:

Here it is, as if butter wouldn't melt, having tried to kill me.... again... :twisted:

Re:

if its bikes we wish we still had heres mine

Orange Clockwork prolly about '90

always on the lookout for a replacement in the awesome purple/orange colour (even though in my pic the purple looks blue)

Attachments

• orange001.jpg
    orange001.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 656
Re: Re:

02gf74":1akk06zk said:
Cant blame it. Blue and yellow shoe combination what were you thinking!

I'd left my brown loafers at home, so just had to go with what I had...

Re:

Blue sidis were the rage at the time, unfortunately invariably coming with yellow highlights.

The modern equivalent being the Hoxton hipster look: in a few years time trendy young things will look at pictures of young dandys sporting Brian Blessed beards and just think "they were the mullet of their day". So it is with blue and yellow Sidis.

Back