Tushingham B52 - eBay regret / sale dilemma??

MatBH5

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Opinions appreciated on this issue...
You know when eBay throws up a 'too good to miss opportunity'?
Last night a Tushingham B52 in original survivor condition popped up at £25 BIN. Full Exage, Tange frame and that Orange connection. Exeter pick up, not too far from me BUT still a good couple of hours out of my way (plus fuel) and closer inspection suggests it's a size too big (21"?).
Common sense goes out the window and BIN is pressed.
Cold light of day and it's maybe a bit big, not sure I have time to pick up, I certainly don't have time for another project...
So, do I
a) pick it up give it a once over, try for size and see if I like it?
b) pick it up, try for a sale on here for enough ££'s to cover petrol and shipping (no profit)? Or
c) see if a local Retrobiker fancies a project, if they cover the pick up and £25?
If anyone fits into bracket 'c' give me a shout!!
Middle-class problems, I know, so forgive me this!
Link may or may not work https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/191837063934
(Should the seller be on here, I've no intention of backing out of the commitment to buy)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Option a.
You can always put it aside until you do have time to get to it.
Or another way to look at it is you have saved the bike from being a hack and hopefully whether it's you or you sell it on and it's someone else, at least it will be appreciated.

Re:

thats not that bad

I've bought a tiny Fat Chance Yo Eddy which is in the States and needs a new seat tube

So on top of the purchase I've now got to get it here, get it fixed and painted and then get it built and find 1" headset / stem and crown for my mags.... yayyy

If I was near I'd snap it up, just what I'm looking for.

If you do end up collecting it and it's no good for you please give me a shout!

Tempting to take it off your hands but I cant move in the garage as it is without tripping over bikes and bike parts.

Surely someone will want it for that price though! As I say I would but I'd need to pass something on and not got a bike I want to part with at the moment.

I'll copy this thread in the SW section..

I was looking for a project frame to get repainted and let my eldest decorate and this would fit the bill. Not sure how I missed it myself tbh but saying that, local collection would have been impossible as it would be a half day round trip at best. I'm sure someone will come along but if you collect it and do decide to move it on and don't mind posting, keep me in the loop good sir.

Re:

That looks pretty tidy, they all have faded paint like that (at least the ones I've seen), certainly worth a lot more than £25 to the right buyer.
The one I had was a size too small for me I think, and I didn't think much of the ride (it's essentially a rebranded Muddy Fox Courier frame), but then I don't generally seem to get on with 80's mtb's in general, maybe their geometry messes with my mojo... I had limited storage space so it got sold. I don't regret it, sure its a small segment of Orange Mountainbikes history, but it wasn't getting ridden so...

Anyway, at least try it out for a few rides, if you like it and have the space for it then keep it, I doubt it'll lose any of its value over time, probably slowly increase in value.
Otherwise just sell it on here/eBay, guaranteed to get you money back (and a lot more potentially).

Back