Show us your Mongoose.....

shogun700

Retro Guru
I wanted to post a few pics of a nearly original spec IBOC I picked up today and found several threads about various years and models, but no thread collecting them together. It would be cool to see the models and changes over the years, so feel free to post yours here.

I'll start:

1989 IBOC Pro. I guess this is the first year. I wasn't looking for one, but I only needed to drive 4 miles round trip for this thing, the price was right, and it's even my size, so why not?

Blue splatter paint, straight blade forks, wishbone stays, Deore II parts:

I've ridden it around the yard a bit, I like it. Having never ridden a rigid, straight blade fork before, that was part of the appeal. I like the way the wishbone stays kinda match it at the rear.

That's mine, what do you have?

Attachments

• DSCF8350.JPG
    DSCF8350.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 1,346
  • DSCF8360.JPG
    DSCF8360.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 1,342
  • DSCF8353.JPG
    DSCF8353.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 1,344
  • DSCF8361.JPG
    DSCF8361.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 1,344
Looks like you've picked up a tidy one there Will. A bonus that it's in your big man size too :D There's a few on here but they don't seem to get the love they deserve. Maybe they're just harder to find? The 89 Team is the one I'd like......

Attachments

• 89 Iboc Team.jpg
    89 Iboc Team.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,307
Re:

Nice looking Mongoose (Mongeese?), that Iboc was a great find. Although surely it being the right size for you would be the 1st thing I'd think about?
I'm not too familiar with the Mongoose range, hopefully there'll be some more nice additions to this thread.

Re:

My '92 Amplifier last year. The wheels are on a Zaskar at the moment though:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1449570409527.jpg
    FB_IMG_1449570409527.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,273
Just got raliegh pioneer elite lx hybrid 700c
In good condition but dont know when it was
made anyone got idear of year thanks

Spent hours in the freewheel shop in Nottingham drooling over one of those. Tomac in the ads I seem to remember.

raidan73":2o5r3x8t said:
Looks like you've picked up a tidy one there Will. A bonus that it's in your big man size too :D There's a few on here but they don't seem to get the love they deserve. Maybe they're just harder to find? The 89 Team is the one I'd like......

Great bikes shogun, raidan and TSC!

Here's one of mine - 1988 Pre-IBOC Mongoose JT Sig

image.jpg3_zpsew2drn3r.jpg

Back