Marzocchi XC 500 Experts needed

k-rod

Senior Retro Guru
Hi y'all.

I just snagged a great set of gold color XC 500 (I believe) suspension forks in great cosmetic condition, for a really good price. They bounce up and down smoothly (albeit very softly), and the adjuster screw near the bottom of each legs turns nicely all the way from the 1st to the 6th setting.

My question is this: Having recently successfully completely resurrected a pair of R/S Mag 21 Ti's ... I'm wondering if anyone on here knows whether I can re-and-re the Marz forks, and whether or not the main seals are of a generic variety (like the Mag 20/21's are, and can be obtained at any hydraulics shop)? What's invovled with a re-build/service effort on these forks, and what would I need to know or watch out for ... ?

Thank you in advance,
another west coast Canucker ...

k-rod":2q4b8ts8 said:
Hi y'all.

I just snagged a great set of gold color XC 500 (I believe) suspension forks in great cosmetic condition, for a really good price. They bounce up and down smoothly (albeit very softly), and the adjuster screw near the bottom of each legs turns nicely all the way from the 1st to the 6th setting.

My question is this: Having recently successfully completely resurrected a pair of R/S Mag 21 Ti's ... I'm wondering if anyone on here knows whether I can re-and-re the Marz forks, and whether or not the main seals are of a generic variety (like the Mag 20/21's are, and can be obtained at any hydraulics shop)? What's invovled with a re-build/service effort on these forks, and what would I need to know or watch out for ... ?

Thank you in advance,
another west coast Canucker ...

There's only one go to person..... and that has to be "kraeMit" on here
Guy has tons of spares and obviously the knowledge that's required

Just do a search and you'll find him easy enough. He even has his own website Dr Marzocchi

All the best

Spud

Re:

The problem with these forks are the 28 mm seals. They are no longer available and there is no substetute, I have a 3DV purple one waiting for a solution.

Re:

Well sort of. If it really is an xc500 the seals will be 24mm which are easy to find as they're still available online. If it's an xc600 or 700 it will have 26mm seals and they are almost impossible to find. I know as I've sourced both recently to build up both of those forks. There is one guy down in Cali that has many many sets.
I'm a big fan of these style of forks so I think you should persue the rebuild. They just look awesome :)
Let me know if you want some links.
I'm also a Canuck from the west coast :)

Latest posts

Back