DT Hugi Sport hub

konaman1

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Does anybody know anything about these hubs? I bought a nice set recently but the rear feels a bit rough and I can't figure out how to even get into them as there appear to be no flat sections for a hub spanner. Also do they take sealed bearings or are they cup and cone with loose bearings?

Cheers, Matt

Do you have a pic? I also have a set(1995), they have sealed bearings but parts will be difficult they told me at the Dutch importer. They are great for winter and wet conditions!

Re:

Thanks for the info folks, l think mine are 98+ as they have a central vinyl decal rather than screen printed writing. I watched a YouTube video where a guy had a later 240 hub and he popped the freewheel off by hand, mine doesn't seem to work like that! I'll put some pictures up later. Cheers

While looking for info for you there was a post on some forum where the fella though his didnt come off from pulling but found later he wasnt pulling hard enough.

Maybe a good squirt with the magic potion first :?

Re:

Hugi hubs generally do have an interference fit for the end caps ie: they pull off. After that in order to replace the bearings you do usually need the proper tools in order to avoid damaging the hub. This is especially true of the drive side as without the right tools it is basically impossible to get to the bearing behind the freehub body.

Ade

Re:

Ok thanks for the info, I think I'll ring round some bike shops and see if they have the tools for it.

Re:

If you get stuck let me know as I have the complete set of tools to dismantle hugi hubs.

Ade

Back