My first Retro

jayjay79

Retro Newbie
My first Bike that i used to cut my teeth on with the XC circuit's was back in 1995 and that was a M-Trax Chromolly 1000. What I loved about that bike was the narrow tubes and long reach, I was never really one for all the Oversize tube stuff, from their I went on to a Univega, I cant remember the model but i didnt have that long as the geomatry of the frame was a bit hard on my knee's.. scince then I have always had Hard tails and long reach rides, the one bike that I did have and loved was a Voodoo Bantu, one of the last before halfords took it over and cocked up what was an well built machine with perfect set ups and a very hardy bike that could cope with anything you slung at it... Now I have gone back in time to 1997 and bought a restored and rebuilt back to complete stock a Marin Rift Zone.... and what a ride.. this was a envy bike when I used to be riding in XC races in the late 90's I would be sat their one my M-Trax whilst being surrounded by Marins, Kona's and Orange... and now I feel like I am 17 again...

This is such a familiar tale. i think lots on here remember lusting ans settling for less at the time.

Enjoy.

Re:

Jesus the guy joined retro bike on Saturday.its people like you that put people off carrying on with the forum. Pictures or your lieing!!! Grow up moron

Re: Re:

Retro junkie":2xq70olr said:
Jesus the guy joined retro bike on Saturday.its people like you that put people off carrying on with the forum. Pictures or your lieing!!! Grow up moron

:facepalm: Lighten up, Francis. He used the ;) emoticon to show he was kidding.

That said, overuse of emoticons can be a mark against you when the ship's crew votes on whether to make you walk the plank, so use them wisely (cough, cough, Scotty).

The History Man":31kjsjsr said:
This is such a familiar tale. i think lots on here remember lusting ans settling for less at the time.

Enjoy.

I think lots here also started with building a raleigh.

Then things get expensive. :(

Re: Re:

Retro junkie":13sk8xji said:

It is what is known as a joke. :facepalm:

I have said the same on several occasions. I don't see with anythong wrong with that so if you have a problem needing to respond with insults, then you really need to chill out. :cool:

and I would like to see picture too!!!

Back