Any farmers amongst us?

Mike Muz

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Bontrager Fan
Feedback
View
Tenuous I appreciate.. Hey hang on, isn't Nobby the sheep a farmer?

Just seen a tractor that seemed to have it's tyres on back to front.
Well if the same logic applies to those as rear RETRO MTB tyres. You see, there is a link ;)
Shouldn't the arrow point backwards on those, too?

Don't want to pm Nobby, probably got his arm up somewhere unimagineable right now :shock:

Mike

Re:

The chevrons point backwards when they hit the ground but point forward at the top :D . Farmers son btw.

Re:

Any snow there yet?

Bugger, does that mean I've got my mtb tyres on backwards too then?

Mike

I remember some of the dh bikes had a 24in rear and 26in on the front

'EDIT' what this has to do with being on the right way round I don't know :face palm:

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":22yiukxp said:
Any snow there yet?

Bugger, does that mean I've got my mtb tyres on backwards too then?

Mike
No snow here but i'm pretty much at sea level, had a dusting a few weeks back mind.

If the chevrons point backwards at the top then yes and you should hang your head in shame! :LOL:

kingbling":2u2v1qqf said:
I remember some of the dh bikes had a 24in rear and 26in on the front

'EDIT' what this has to do with being on the right way round I don't know :face palm:

Couple of pints with Sunday lunch...? :LOL:

If it were me I'd fit them with the chevrons pointing backwards for drive, pointing forward for braking (top of the tyre viewed from above), same with any arrowish tread.

Re:

Not retro but for illustration purposes only :LOL:

Attachments

• 1100_1.jpg
    1100_1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 517
Re:

If tyres are directional, i mount rear according to arrow for best forward traction and front reverse for best braking . Thats my logic. Probably bs. Reckon i wouldnt notice which way i mounted them.

If you were rad in the nineties you could show this by running two front tyres, both pointing forwards. Ths demonstrated to the world that you cared not for climbing traction, because you were all about railling the downhills. Dude.

I reckon there is a very different effect going on with tractor tyres, which look like they're designed to actually dig themselves in at low speed with a lot of weight on top...

Back