LX BL M600 V & Canti compatible?

H

Retro Guru
Evening chaps, come closer to the screen as I have a question...
Are BL M600 levers like the ones shown in my pic V and canti compatible? A websearch says they might, but Sheldon Brown suggests two entirely different cable lengths being pulled, so I'm confused.

The reason why I'd like to know is I've acquired a 1997 Max OR Neil Orrell frame with a canti bridge at the rear. My ambition is to have a cantilever brake at the rear and V at the front with...matching levers.

These Lx's might be a solution, as I've got them and they might work;
or:
- Get hold of other equally compatible Shimano levers preferably XT, XTR or other makes (?)
- Start saving up for a Paul canti lever and Paul V lever, as they look very similar.

All help gratefully received.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 430
No. The adjustment alters the feel/ modulation of the v-brake which would have been snatchy to those used to cantilevers - saved on lawsuits for that first v-brake over the handlebar moment...

Re:

those are for V's. I've got a set on my Dean with the associated brakes.

once bought an old 1991 marin second hand that had V's on the front on some more modern forks and canti on the rear. The levers were for the old canti and previous owner had used one of those travel or agents rollamajig type things with the front brake. All seemed a bit of a faff to me, maybe I just never managed to set it up properly.

Back