Pace V brake puzzle

tonedeaf101

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hey there, hoping someone with a bit of Pace knowledge can throw some light on this. Just started work on an RC200 F5 I recently bought, but have hit a major stumbling block as the rear brake bosses cant take V Brakes. (Previous owner had Magura hydraulics).
I'm rather confused though as I have seen pictures of F4's and other F5's with v brakes fitted with no additional canti to V converters. Did they come in both forms?

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 830
It's missing the tab with the hole for the brake spring. You can get hold of these (I've an odd pair from some pace forks, one ti, one steel), or get yourself a set of the round ones. You could also just go for some brakes with the in built spring like Paul's, onza, dia compe etc.

Re:

looks like you're missing the small alloy disc with a hole

somebody on here is bound to be able to help you out, but wouldn't be difficult to fab your own!

Attachments

• pace.JPG
    pace.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 823
Ahh, ingenious, should have guessed Pace would be smart arses!!
I've gotten some XTR V's already so will have to get little tab things. Will try making some tomoz.

So they just clamp under the post and that's it? Surprised they don't turn after a while of braking hard.

This has been asked recently, and in one of the replies was a source for good, manufactured alternatives to the original Pace ones. I'll see if i can find it...

Ah cheers dude. They look nice!!
Made some today from some stainless washers. Will see how I get on with them, but good to have an alternative though.

Re:

If the canti studs are the small M5/M6 diameter[sorry cant remember the exact dia!] I have NOS original spring plates in titanium for a fiver a pair. They fit all the RC35 forks also :D

The later large diameter canti studs used a large CNC'd hex adjuster arrangement.

Back