'96 Kona Kilauea

konaman1

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all, I picked up a nice '96 Kilauea at the week end. Its in need of some TLC in the form of paint chips. I was wondering if any members had restored one and if so what colour paints they had used to recreate the original blue. Any links to old threads would be helpful. Cheers, :)

Re:

was it on ebay with the Z2's ? If so you piped me to the post with 4 seconds to go !!

I was already picturing myself riding it on the south downs :cry:

Good luck with the restoration.

Billy

Re:

Hi Billy, yes it was the eBay one, initially I only wanted it for the Zocchi's as they are a good colour match for my Explosif. I really like it though so will build it up with the P2's and see how it rides. It may be a bit big as I usually ride 18" Kona's.

Had an absolute mother of a job getting the seat post out but finally defeated it today!

Re:

I selfishly hope it is too small and you keep me in mind when its time to sell it on as a 19" fits me perfectly :D

Ive never had a steel kona and wonder how it might ride in comparison to my 96 koa.

I was only interested in the frame and the P2's, does it look worse in the flesh condition wise ?

Will be watching your progress with interest.............

Re:

I'll keep you in mind mate. I would say it looks better in real life than in the pics, no dents but lots of small chips and some chainsuck. The paintwork will polish up really well.

Back