Day-off, sunny, cold, but which effing bike to ride???

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
The procrastinations of a retro biker with too many bikes to chose from...

British Eagle - its got drops its got mudguards and is ready to roll.

except its got knobblies and its too gloopy out in the fields

Zaskar - strictly summertime only, what were you thinking??

Norman Fay - all oily and ready

Bobbin Scout - all hipstered and ready to roll in all its Taiwanese glory

Univega Alpina 570 - ready to roll with big slicks but I might get a dirty bum

Raleigh RSP - big fat full suss ready to ride but no where around here worth the effort

Claud Butler Professional - professional what I dont know but its a pro with skinny tyres and ready for the road

So while I stand swaying slightly in the doorway to the workshop 'choosing' the sun sets, its too dark and dinner needs making anyway....

I rode the Univega

40 minutes of headwinds

30 mins of 'yeeehhhaaaaaaa!!!!' tale wind.

Could have done with an extra layer.

Brrr!

Bone marrow-deep happiness is inversely tied into the number of choices that we have to make toward any endeavor - scientifically/psychologically proven fact!

Re:

Yeah. Thats the problem with many bikes and crap weather spesh if they are fitted with top notch componentry. Dont really want to trash xtr in the mud so the cheaper xt bikes come out to play.

He says, as I upgrade my mint rear XT M739 to a sweet M900 (with a custom fabricated long cage) ...

Ah well, certainly not a mud-bike anymore, anyway.

k-rod":2zphs0hj said:
He says, as I upgrade my mint rear XT M739 to a sweet M900 (with a custom fabricated long cage) ...

Ah well, certainly not a mud-bike anymore, anyway.

I buy pre-mankified parts so no worries.
How do I pick which bike to exercise, I always have a current favourite and unless I can think of a good reason I use that bike.

Latest posts

Back