Holdsworth Ulverston from scrap metal collector

gerryattrick

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I bought four spares/repair bikes today off gumtree for £10. Nothing special, with two kids bikes and an Apollo mtb. But I was interested in one - a good condition Holdsworth Ulverston with Reynolds 500 tubing. It just needs new shifters and it's perfect, no rust and hardly any scratches. Should make a good commuter or workhorse (or even a single-speed/fixed wheel due to the horizontal deep dropouts :oops: )

It is obviously not a high end bike, but a nice looking lugged frame. Kit is all Shimano Altus CT90 Photo's attached

I got chatting to the seller who was a scrap metal collector who said he often gets bikes given to him. He said that given the low price of scrap metal these days he will contact me when he gets some bikes in and is willing to offer me first refusal at three for £10. I am assuming most of them will be rubbish but am hoping there may be occasional goodies in there.

At that price I don't think I can go wrong. Any that I don't want will get given to the community bike workshop I volunteer at or taken to the dump if they're beyond repair.

Attachments

• 20160207_120722_resized.jpg
    20160207_120722_resized.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 275
  • 20160207_120713_resized.jpg
    20160207_120713_resized.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 274

Latest posts

Back