URGENT help with valuing a Pro-Flex Animal

development_cycle

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Guys this is not a how much is my ... worth post

A good friend of mine who is more cycling mad than I am but never got into MTB and works at a bike recycling place just messaged me and said look what's come in I am buying it.

The pic was of a Pro-Flex Animal, looks reasonably original guessing 1998 is are they, anyway I thought that was great until he told me the price!! Wait for it...

Assuming that this was donated to them as they don't buy and sell bikes to my knowledge £250!!! I thought that was outrageous! Do they actually sell for that?

I have no idea of course what state the shocks and pivots are in or the drivetrain etc but when you consider what the bike is, it's age, how they acquired it and that he works there I think they are taking the piss!!

I'd like some opinions please as to whether I have over reacted and if he is getting the deal of the century or if in fact I'm right.

Re:

200-300 would be the range for fully working good condition specimen.

When new would have cost in region of 1500, rough rule of thumb stuff doubles in price every 10 years so over 3k at todays prices, .

Re: Re:

02gf74":160lcm4y said:
200-300 would be the range for fully working good condition specimen.

When new would have cost in region of 1500, rough rule of thumb stuff doubles in price every 10 years so over 3k at todays prices, .

So how would you calculate it's value using your rule of thumb?

Re:

If it cost 1500 18 years ago, that is 10 and 8 years.
Price doubles every 10.

So todays equivalent is between 3000 and 500ish, or in simple terms quite expensive.

02gf74":39z0agpc said:
Price doubles every 10.

So todays equivalent is between 3000 and 500ish, or in simple terms quite expensive.

Yes, I follow that logic. How does that value it at £200 to £300 now then?

02gf74":egrliutq said:
Price doubles every 10.

Sorry DP

John J":t24jr0vf said:
Yes, I follow that logic. How does that value it at £200 to £300 now then?

There is no logic other than what similar bikes have sold for on ebay.

Re:

Depends of the state of the shocks if you have to rebuild these (Noleen)... I know these bike since i used to work for the importer from 96 til 00. Don't know how the state is of the bushings and moving parts? Would say 100 till 150.

Latest posts

Back