Forks?????

Re:

They aren't Zzyzx but they do look a bit like Stratos S8 forks.
They also look like Foes forks from around 2005...

Not Zzyzx - they weren't upside-down forks.

the Hanebrinks that the Zzyzx's were based on were USD but they were a lot simpler in the crowns and didn't have a steering stop.

Foes is a good guess because of the steering stop, but F1s and XTDs all used a 30mm axle. The Big 'Un only went up to 20.

I've had Zzyzx (stiff but crap), Hanebrinks (stiff and not quite so crap) and currently have lots of F1s (awesome in all ways) so I can recognize all of those features.

I don't recognise this at all - Stratos or Risse would be my guess.

I think the disc mount is part of it as i dont know of a hope clamp like that. If that helps for a date

No not that kind of date :shock:

Re:

Risse Champs, available 6-7-8 or 12" in Bigfoot guise. Brilliant forks, infinitely tuneable, noisy as hell but don`t scratch the legs!!!! If you do have scratched legs, the fitting at the top of the stanchion has the same thread as the dropout at the bottom. With a bit of mild heat you can crack the loctite & turn the station upside down so the scratches are up inside out of harms way & away from your seals. :LOL:

Re:

They're still making them!

http://www.risseracing.com

I had some on a San Andreas DHS I think it was 98. Great bit of kit. I`ve still got a pair I picked up cheap but I need an axle for them. They have a wider than standard front spacing so some hubs need extra spacers.

Hi James - finally a name I recognise from my racing days (mainly '93 - '95). Did you ride for a shop called Fat Tracks?

Back