How old is my bike ?

hairybiker

Dirt Disciple
Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there is a way of finding out exactly when a bike was made ?

I have a GT avalanche that I bought in 1997 but I think it was a 1996 model and would be interested to find out when it will be 20 :) LOL

Any help ?

Thanks

A serial number (and a picture) could help in dating your Avalanche, although you won't get more accurate than a particular month probably..

Good luck :)!

Re:

Hi,

The serial number is SAS6C2349 found on the under side of the bottom bracket shell.

Picture attached.

Any help anyone can provide will be appreciated.

Attachments

• GT Avalanche.jpg
    GT Avalanche.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 631
Yeah I think it is a '96 avalanche 02' just wondered if there is a way of working out what month it was made at all.

Thanks

Re:

Fagin thanks for the suggestion but that would probably mean having to clean all the mud off it first ! LOL

Re:

Thanks to all. Just looked through some old GT bikes brochures I found on this website and my bike is def a '96. The avalanche in 1997 had v brakes not cantis.

I will assume march as the month as that seems to tie up with other information I found about GT serial numbers.

Thanks all for your help.

20 years at an original cost of £700 is not bad value for money. I just dont think it will last me another 20 years LOL

Back