'Show us your how to" A comprehensive list of how to's

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Wouldn't it be nice to have a list of component problems and how we've overcome them?

For example, seat post removal, indexing gears or even setting up cantilever brakes..........

hers a list of bike components or sections that could be set into areas and added to......i think, or hope. lets see what we can do eh :)

frames
forks
headsets
stems
bars
grips
seat posts
seat post clamp
saddle
wheels
gears
brakes
drivetrain
pedals
suspension
cables

what dya all rek? :D

Re:

A very good idea. Is some sort of quality control required as some techniques that some may have had success with might not be appropriate for every frame material type etc etc.

Re:

Hence the post here, don't know if it's going to work but worth a shot, time will tell

Re:

This is a great idea. I'm a complete bicycle amateur about to dive into a Kona project and I had searched the forums for a tech/how to section but never really found anything. I don't even know where to start other than picking up the 'Art of mountain bike maintenance' book. There's so much knowledge here, if people had some spare time I'm sure there could be enough guides to go from a bare frame to something worth showing off.

I usually just start with google. Researching a repair, history on a manufacturer, a component, or just about anything else. Works great and after a couple of decades of input it's incredible how much is out there.

Problem is, that google seems to "forget" the things that were posted a few years ago...

I am right now experimenting with that wiki. Kind of hard to wrap your head around this wiki language. Especially the pics are rather difficult to upload and insert.
(And I have a slight feeling I am sort of hacking my article into the wiki, as there is no actual link anywhere to be found to create a new page... :facepalm: )

Back