What year is this GT all terra talera?

Searsc

Retro Newbie
I picked this up last night for $25. I plan to restore it, actually dropped it off at the bike shop immediately for new cables, front tire, tubes, and removal/cleaning of all components. Potentially need new shifters, not sure yet. I'm curious what year this is. I believe it is a 94, due to where the decals are located, and this year along with 93, I cant find color options. I saw an image of a 93 that was stone grey with talera written on the lower tube where this bike as all GT terra written. Any insights?

Attachments

• 01616_fxyeQZ3ggo8_600x450.jpg
    01616_fxyeQZ3ggo8_600x450.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2,060
I searched through the GT catalogs on this site, and have confirmed this is a 94. 94 came in gloss black (like mine) and purple rain. Thanks.

Great find !

You might want to check the crank.
If it's the FC MC12 it was subject to a safety recall (I had same on my 1995 Rebound).
I left mine on there as I figured it had lasted 20 years so was probably ok.
Also presumably rare if they were all recalled !

Searsc":24n3cfcx said:
I searched through the GT catalogs on this site, and have confirmed this is a 94. 94 came in gloss black (like mine) and purple rain. Thanks.

Your components must have been changed then, as its 1995 stuff that doesn't match the parts of the Talera in the 1994 catalog.

I see 95 came in the color of Pearl Slate. As a raced the bike this weekend, I noticed it wasn't really a gloss black as more of a titanium grey. I wonder if this is the pearl slate color. I'll have to check the components more closely to confirm. Bike was awesome out on the single track course!

Back