Hi, Newbie

Hi, I stumbled across this site whist looking for parts to restore an old 1991 Orange clockwork I have recently brought. It's good to see there are people out there who share the same interest in tatting with old bikes thats actually have some real engineering envolved in building them compared to modern day hyped up 20ft of travel full suspention beasts.

I currently ride a Pace RC-200F7 which I still consider my 'New' bike :)

rc200.JPG

Looking though the gallery I wish I still had all my old bikes from the past, Zinn 753, Orange P7 with mid 90's goodies etc. Currently on the hunt for an early Yeti ARC / FRO frame to build up with goodies.

Nice to meet you all

**EDIT** Sorry i've just noticed the 'Introduce yourself here' Thread. :oops:

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forums! ;) Loving the Pace, but slap your wrist for putting on the Manitous! :eek:

I'm slowly getting my Pace F2 back together and have got a new respray planned...

Enjoy the forum!

Rich

Hello Steve, didn't know you were into retrobikes as well as G-Laders...! ;) Hopefully catch up at a RB ride, or possibly Edition 38... :)

The Manitous were are more reliable option than the orginal Pace fork which I managed to get though 4 pairs of the orginal stantions in the first few months of ownership. The stantions kept fatiguing below where they clamped into the crown. I'm going to strip the pace down over the next couple of months and replace a few bits and bobs that ned attention.. and source a more approprite fork for the beast.

What colour are you spraying your F2?

Hi Dave, yes.. Bikes are a refreshing change from the internals of G-laders, servicing the superchargers pays for the bike bits :)

Well, if you want a more appropriate fork - I have a pair of just-serviced RC36 Evos that I could be persuaded to do a deal on...! ;) They've got a 1" steerer at the mo but that's easily remedied...

The RC200 looks very :cool: though, top stuff!

The Evo's were the fork I kept killing the stantions on..lol.. Although the ride and overall built quality barring the stantion issue was excellent. The 1 inch headset will suit the Clockwork though.

Cheers. I used to have a pair of RC30's on an Orange P7 years ago and loved them to bits. All my friends were swapping their rigids for suspention forks at the time but I loved the sharp steering and responc of a rigid fork. I considered RC31's as the majority of the riding I do now days is short blasts over the South Downs so I could live with a rigid fork.
What are peoples experinces of RC31's?

Back