alpinestars 1991 cro-mega dx paintcode

Mr. 4-Speed

Old School Hero
Hey guys,
i recently bought a used fork for my cro-mega, but it needs new paint.
does anyone have the colorcode or Ral-number for the greyish color of a 1991 cr-mega dx?

many thanks, Marcel

Re:

Send marctwotone a message, he did a bare metal restoration on a 91 Cro-Mega that I now own.

I'm not certain that the grey was the exact colour though or one he found to be close enough.

Re:

Hi guys, (hiya chris)!

the powdercoat RAL, or code, if i remember was 7001 or 7040. both will suffice. i recall going a smidge darker than the DX's original to allow for fade and mud/cleaning impact.

The actual factory paint code remains to be known. i always powdercoat though, mtb's take some stick. Not all coaters will tackle the two-colour finish as it's tricky, but doable. again, depends who you speak to. the white was just a dirty white as the original pearly effect is best done by cellulose.

What's the plan then? D.I.Y.

Hey guys,
i bought a very low mileage cro-mega without it's original forks, with Rond WP forks.
got myself an LX forks, which need some paint. I like to make the bike as original as possible.
( it even has the original tires )

Best regards, Marcel

Re:

Go to a good car paint supplier and spend a few hours going through the colour charts with your frame and you'll find it.

Back