Themes

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
We've all done it. We've seen the bikes in botm all dressed up to the nines with matching coloured bits.

Thing is ,i dont ever remember seeing bikes such as these :? My bike in the 90's and all my friends bikes, were a mismatch of colours.
Front hub one colour, rear another. Bars and stem, if gone beyond black, would be blue bars with a daygo yellow stem, and then you may even have a red bar brace.

The closest I've seen as 'matching' was using coloured felt tip pens to colour the tops of the bolts.

Anyone else feel the need to mix it all up ?, t'hell with taste :LOL:

*Spokey-dokeys optional*

but back in the 90's wasn't it the done thing to have everything a different colour, non of them matching, and at least half of them in fluo-something or other?

So what's wrong with doing the same now? It will all come around again anyway, just like everything else does.

You were saying?
IMG_7075_zpsq6qwblxt.jpg

Re:

I've never mixed colours up on a bike and wouldn't sleep at night knowing clashing anno stuff was on my bike... shame on anyone for doing this kind of thing.

Saying that, I do have a soft spot for Gold/Red combination, but to just slap on different colours together, what is wrong with you people!!

and relax...

al.

The History Man":3jo6tlex said:
You were saying?

Ahh, but thats a boy band, specifically cobbled together in mismatch :LOL:

Ive a Marin to build, though it doesnt fit me :roll: and ive all the bits but different colours. My ti looks very nice in polished ti and purple Hope,as it did dressed in red ano hope, but doing the same here in red or a crazy combo of whatever i have that fits.
Its a good frame and i dont want to spoil it with crummy components, a lot of high end period stuff going on it.
Matching bits are likely to be impossible to find or not cheap.

Our ano came from things like motorbikes and looking there, you hardly see two the same :? Are we all becoming snobs ? :LOL:

As far as black/silver etc is concerned I don't really bother, but other than that I try to keep to one or two colours.

dyna-ti":37qk780h said:
Are we all becoming snobs ? :LOL:

I don't think it's being snobs as such, but being older our tastes will have developed somewhat. :LOL:

The other thing is the bikes we build are not generally carbon copies of what we had BITD. OK some folk may do that, but it is usually a sort of hyper reality that we are after. The bikes we wished we had, the build we wished we could afford.

Back