cracked pace.........

longun

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Cracked repair on the pace appears to have gained a crack on the repair. Its near the bb shell and on the seat tube. How easy would it be for an engineering company to grind the repair down and reweld it? Its not been an expensive....compared to other frame to buy but im dead keen on keeping it and riding it till it dies.....properly haha. Not too fussed about looks either, work/college could be a good point of call but if theyre owt like my students...mmmmm maybe not. Anyone had a similar repair done and how much is a typical repair???

Cheers

Re:

I have a feeling that Dan (danson67) recently did a Pace repair for another forum member. Might be worth a PM :)

Re:

Ignore the pencil marks, gonna ride it tomorrow and see if it gets longer but i will take it steady

Re:

Cheers, ill message him when i get in from rebuilding it. Just fixed a puncture, changed the cassette and fitted a new bb and middleburn crank. Bloody things.....but i love them..

Re:

If Dan isn't available, then I know a very good welder who would be able to fix that for you Chris.

Re:

awesome, cheers paul. ive messaged dan for advise etc but its good to know :D although this is my "new to me" winter ride and hack bike ive grown attached to it :facepalm:

Back