How fussy are couriers concerning bike box dimensions?

ultrazenith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've been checking parcels2go to price up possibly sending myself a complete bike from my Plymouth stash to my Portugal address, but the prices quoted have a huge jump once width goes above about 24 cm, and the height goe above about 55 cm. Can anybody with experience in posting bikes give an idea how forgiving the couriers are upon collection if the dimensions slightly exceed those used for the original quote?

It's a lottery. I've been pinged with a surcharge once based on the circumference rule but have got away with others that arrived without issue that should have been flagged up with the same firm.

You pays your money........

Some of them say you have to go by the volume, but then the method they give of working out the volume isn't actually the volume.

Re:

I sent one the other day by MyHermes and I got an E-Mail saying it was being held at the depot as it was oversized, when I checked online it had been delivered :shock: Go figure :facepalm: :facepalm:

Ive sent bike boxes via royal mail.
Basically the standard bike box youd get from a shop is the size they'll take. How else would shops get them delivered :?
Most of the time its a frame i send so i just cut and sticky the box down to fit.
There is this but fraid i know nothing about them but if airlines take them then a courier should too :?
http://www.aircaddy.com/

Latest posts

Back