Names you don't see

unit3

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
After I spent a little time away from the board, it took me a while to catch up on some of the build threads and chat etc.
I also like to research stuff and often use Google links after looking at various bikes/pictures which normally links me back to this wonderful site.

I often see user names I recognise, that were active when I joined a couple years back that seem to have just vanished!

Do you ever wonder where these guys/girls went?

Or is it just me?

Re:

Sometimes, folk come and go.....and then come back lol. I rek facebook spoils it at times as the "forum" doesnt get used. Then theres some who build their dream and are happy to just ride. Im kinda the same with some car forums, just use them for resource and research.

Some on here who have left are best gone anyway ;)

Chris667 our canal boater seems to have vanished
Last seen in March.

I hope he's not sank :?

Re:

Logic.al seems to have vanished too

Was on here a lot earlier in the year

lgf...you switch the lights out and i'll be sitting here in the dark! quiet until i have a new build.....or wine!!! ;-)

Re:

Yeah, quite a few old timers who used to post a lot seem to have moved on. Looking round the forum it does seem that some have retreated to the safety of the area sections but are still about.

My two best riding mates (giant-one and beavis) used to be on here loads but don't bother anymore. Richard went fully modern and lost all interest where as Graham still retains a retro interest (Still got the mint 91 Pine Mountain and a 1991 Bolinas I gave him) but was very busy in his personal/work life so drifted away from here and has now forgotten his log in details. He seems to think it's safer to stay that way! :facepalm: :LOL:

I blame Cy at Cotic... the Cotic stuff has all the appeal of retro but all the functionality of modern...

It's why I've become a somewhat irregular vistor.

And you can quote me on that.

Back