Which camelbak type accessory do you use?

ultrazenith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Which camelbak type accessory do you use? With my now 8 year old hydration packpack bladder springing a leak a week ago, I'm now in the market for a new one. Any recommendations? Ideally I need 2 L or more (I sweat a lot in the hot summer rides I do here in Portugal), and a decent amount of space for tools and spare tubes.

Re:

Camelback are not retro. Expect the mods to come round your house and slap you about the face with a water bottle.

Tis what happened to me when i posted about LED lamps.

I have gelert hydration pack, cheap and cheerful but does the job, is spacious for tools, sarmies and wp jacket, feature i like is straps for holding a helmet. It lacks a mesh back.

Also have vaude, has mesh back but that is much larger = rucksack with bladder as opposed to a bladder with a bit og storage.

Re: Re:

02gf74":1e7groug said:
Camelback are not retro. Expect the mods to come round your house and slap you about the face with a water bottle.

I got my first camleback in '95...

These days I use a Mule (from 2008/9ish) 3L bladder and you can stick a bit of stuff in if need be and attach stuff. works well.

I use a Blackburn version, bought ca. '95... Valve weeps a bit now, but still cooking. Small pack with very little extra storage room, though, and a very minimalist strap system that works surprisingly well....

Wife uses various modern cheap clones (Costco), but regularly fails the strap system... Can't recommend.

J

Can't you just replace the bladder?

My Camelback Rucksack died a death about 10 years ago, but the bladder lives on and has gone through another 4 or 5 bags...

Re:

I have a camelbak Rogue that comes out a couple of times a year and has enough space for pump, tools, tube etc but not too bulky.

Clubby's old one!

Re:

As above, can't you just buy a new bladder?

If the bag is shot as well then I can thoroughly reccomned the Camelbak Mule it takes a 3ltr bladder and can carry most things you will need for a days riding.

Back