Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I can't find any pictures of bikes with USE bar ends fitted
Wanted some ideas about which grip would look good

Any posted here will be most appreciated

Re:

I used to have em on everything I rode, loved them but god were they narrow
so much so the Brake levers had to go one higher than the other when running in conjunction with Gripshift

I'm sure they're narrower than what Mike Muz rides with these days

looking forward to seeing a few pic's pop up and a trip down memory lane :D

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":3inilf5w said:
so much so the Brake levers had to go one higher than the other when running in conjunction with Gripshift

How can bar ends be narrow? Surely it's the bars that are narrow

MikeMuzzy

Mike Muz 67":1axa6249 said:
Retro Spud":1axa6249 said:

How can bar ends be narrow? Surely it's the bars that are narrow

MikeMuzzy

USE bar ends unlike most others bolt slightly inboard onto a USE bar and don't clamp to the end of the bar. The bar is drilled for the barends to bolt straight on, this narrows the overall length, but doesn't ovalise or crimp the end of a lightweight bar like some bar ends do.

I hope that makes sense?

al.

I have a couple of Oranges with them on.
bought the generic sponge grips of ebay, which were then cut to the desired length.
A large enough hole was then made into the sponge for the bar ends to fit onto the handlebar.

Attachments

• e3.JPG
    e3.JPG
    112.7 KB · Views: 353
  • grips.jpg
    grips.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 353
  • grips2.jpg
    grips2.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 353
  • t2.JPG
    t2.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 353
Re:

seeing those brakes on picture one ^^ being almost so close they touch each other, is what I'm talking about

chuck some Dia Compe Versa's on which I was running back in the day and they really do over lap

Muzzy
you really should try em out, they were cool well before the City Courier look came into fashion :LOL:

Re:

But I'd have to drill holes in my bars Spuddy, not something I'm keen to do if I'm honest

Mike Muz 67":1uzrwugj said:
But I'd have to drill holes in my bars Spuddy, not something I'm keen to do if I'm honest
The USE bars are custom drilled for them and to be honest I would only use them with USE bars.
I guess the wider bars are the ones to get as the narrowing factor is neutralised.

emjay":2zvjlwmm said:
I have a couple of Oranges with them on.
bought the generic sponge grips of ebay, which were then cut to the desired length.
A large enough hole was then made into the sponge for the bar ends to fit onto the handlebar.

Thanks for that, look very nice, and ingenious idea for the foam grips - they look very good and slick

Back