1996 Marin Nail trail

Bicycle Addict

Retro Guru
Hey guys I think I have a 1996 Nail Trail, it does not have any stickers but after looking at catalogs I believe it to be a 96 because of a few things,

-It is A head
-It has a Chrome Spinner fork
-It has the Bronze STX front and rear mech's and cranks
-Fat tube alloy frame
-30.0 seat post

I can not load pics until I figure out how to reduce pics on my iPad Air, still baffling me a bit.

I traditionally can not ride alloy through back problems, so do not know whether to build it or strip it and sell the frame?

I could rebuild it or use the parts on my 1991 Team Marin or my 1995-96 Team Marin frame(getting freighted soon) when the frame turns up.

It needs a considerable amount of work
It needs shifters and brake levers of which I have in the Bronze STX combination levers, also full recable to the Marin Lite brakes and STX Mechs.
It also came minus its wheels, I happen to have a set of Bronze hubed STX wheels in 32 spoke on an old Diamondback.

So what do you guys think? The parts would work really well on the 96, but the Nail Trail looks cool, but it would not get used that much at all

Re:

Personally, i would move the bike on and get what you want instead.

It does appear to be a nail trial, does it have the dia-compe headset with plastic bung at the top? stx gives it away though.

You see, stx would be wrong on a 1991 marin and maybe better on a '95 team but, narrr.

Save yourself some graft and flog it on to someone that wants an alloy marin and can get most of it from your good self without having to spend all evening on ebay/nz ebay trying to find the parts to complete it again. :)

cheers mate.

Re:

Yea Thanks for confirming my thoughts, I got the STX wrong it is STX RC, which would clean up ok, a stripping I will go.

They are really nice to look at, not a sensible use of my time, I find it hard to part out cool bikes, but will get over that!

Cheers

Re: Re:

marc two tone":1tpohtth said:
Personally, i would move the bike on and get what you want instead.

It does appear to be a nail trial, does it have the dia-compe headset with plastic bung at the top? stx gives it away though.

You see, stx would be wrong on a 1991 marin and maybe better on a '95 team but, narrr.

Save yourself some graft and flog it on to someone that wants an alloy marin and can get most of it from your good self without having to spend all evening on ebay/nz ebay trying to find the parts to complete it again. :)

cheers mate.

Here here!

So it is stripped and I found that the BB has a broken cup, so I was able to fully strip without guilt, BB was so mashed that the frame will go to the scrap dealers on the weekend.

Thanks for the encouragement lads.

Back