Show us your first MTB's WAY BACK. Do you still have it?

emjay

Gold Trader
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I was rooting through my old photos the other day, when i came across an old picture of myself with my first MTB, a 1995 Orange P7.

The date of the pic was 1996.

I still have the P7, (pic taken early this year) albeit with girvin forks and wildgripper tyres (i tipped the original f7 forks and tyres when i moved house in 2000) :facepalm: :facepalm:

Do you still have you first MTB from way back?.
Any pics of your good self with it ?.

Attachments

• p7 2015.JPG
    p7 2015.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 808
  • P7 1996 jpeg.JPG
    P7 1996 jpeg.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 809
Re:

Nice :D

Don't think I have pictures of my very first MTB, a Raleigh Amazon (full Shimano 100GS equipped ;)..), but I do have some pictures (of pictures) of my second, more serious, bike, a GT Avalanche AL:

This is what it looked like after picking it up at my LBS:
p5pb9376639.jpg

This resembles the state it was in just before it got nicked from the shed :evil: :
p5pb9376641.jpg

Re: Show us your first MTB's WAY BACK do you still have it?

This is me on my 2nd MTB (a Trek 8700) during a junior race in the Ardennes in summer 1996. I was 17 years young at the time. I'm currently restoring the bike, and will start a thread on that soon. In fact, I just received a message today to inform me that the repaint is ready :D

Attachments

• Engis1996_small.jpeg
    Engis1996_small.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 755
Re:

1989 Dawes Jackal sadly sold on a fair few years ago, although it was my Mum's by then, but she still got a fairly decent amount for it!

Attachments

• Dawes Jackal 1990 006.JPG
    Dawes Jackal 1990 006.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 746
Re: Show us your first MTB's WAY BACK do you still have it?

Well i never had a photo of my 1st mountain bike back in 1989 so i searched for one and found this nice little pic and info which has left me feeling a little deflated knowing i should never of got rid of my 88 Explorer.. :( .
MuddyFox88Explorer_zpstli6gizs.jpg

Re:

sure do!

built an exact replica of my 96 proflex 856.
bought back my 94 Trek 930 back after 15 years...restored OCD level, fulfilling high school dream of having it "full XT"

pics from about 1997 and 2014..

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    274.6 KB · Views: 717
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    104 KB · Views: 717
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    42.6 KB · Views: 717
Re:

Great subject,

My first, sadly not that long ago, 1997.

As I bought it, but with a Flite and road pedals! Well that was cos I didn't have any spuds when I got it! :oops:

After a lick of paint and a few upgrades a couple of years later,

And me racing it to a 3rd in a Sussex Champs cx race!

Sorry for pics, they all look weird for some reason, taking photos of photos :?

Mike

Attachments

• T MTB 1.jpg
    T MTB 1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 679
  • T MTB 2.jpg
    T MTB 2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 679
  • ME.jpg
    ME.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 679
Re:

Here's a link to my Funk, embarrassingly still not finished, was my third MTB originally.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165771&hilit=Funk

My first was a Raleigh Metropolitan which I have an example of and my second was a Giant Super Sierra which I also have an example of.

After the Funk I bought a Clockwork Orange which I sold to a mate and bought back off him about 15 years later! Next was an Attitude which I bought in 93 and still have.

Back