STOLEN Orange C16R - Now with PHOTOS

Eddie King

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Stolen from inside my house,North London...Police informed...

Please keep an eye out for ALL or ANY of my bike (that took a year and all my spare cash to put together ! :evil: )

ORANGE C16R - 14" Slime green metallic frame...Pace RC36 forks...Middleburn crankset...Magura Raceline brakes in dayglo yellow...Dayglo yellow Answer Taperlite bars with Lizardskins white grips - Hope titanium hubs....Hope titanium skewers...Mavic X517 rims...Schwalbe Noddy Nics tyres...Orange original seat post and clamp...Orange branded saddle...I-Beam stem...

...and congratulations to the scum who took it...you have singlehandedly destroyed ANY will in me to build another bike

Edited to update details

Re:

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, I feel for you dude..... Have been there before myself so can completely sympathise :(

Did you get a chance to take any pics of the bike before this happened to help with it's safe return?

What size was it and any specific details, such as marks, defects etc... things that you wish the bike did'nt have whilst ownership, but possibly the things to assist in recovery...

Good luck fella, and I'll certainly keep an eye out :cool:

Re:

Feel for you as well dude :(

Out of interest where in North London was it pinched? I'm usually cruising around on deliveries so know most parts pretty well..

Re:

Thanks Kult Friction....I do have a (not brilliant) photo of it but can"t figure out how to post it right now

The only fault on the bike was the original slightly tatty decals....apart from that there is/was just some slight rubbing of the paint on the top tube from the control cables....otherwise it was nice and shiny because I'd just taken it out of its bike bag to give it a clean and lube...and normally I remove the pedals (V8's) but because I was in cleaning/fettling mode I'd left them on to make the scumbag's swift departure even easier

Helpful response from plod..."here's your crime number...we get a lot of this around here"....can't blame them...it's the truth :(

Thanks mynchiboy...stolen from Tufnell Park,Islington

Re:

Eddie King":wzm1iae6 said:
Thanks mynchiboy...stolen from Tufnell Park,Islington

No problem mate, sadly I know of a few folks who have had bikes stolen from the Islington/Holloway area :x

I'll defo keep an eye open, I'm based a little further East but my routes to work often take me through a fair bit of that sort of territory (Tottenham/Edmonton/Islington depending on the route I take).

It's worth keeping a very close watch on Gumtree/Ebay and maybe visiting some of the local Cash Convertors stores around the area. I know there's a particularly large CC store in Kentish Town, I know that checks are supposed to be made by staff but I've often taken that with a pinch of salt.

Fingers crossed you get some/all of it back. I hope that it doesn't knock you too much in the long term no matter what happens, and put you off rebuilding in the future - I know that probably isn't much consolation right now though..

Re:

Thanks again mynchiboy...the CC was on my first place to visit tomorrow morning...Gumtree is already under observation...thing is unless you spray it matte black the bike is SO hi-viz that,maybe foolishly,I think it may get spotted

Re:

bike.jpg

fork.jpg

drivetrain.jpg

controls.jpg

brakes.jpg

Original full size download of the full bike is available here.

Hope you manage to find her!

Re: STOLEN Orange C16R

Thank you so much for your help...never got a chance to post decent pictures of the build...but I loved this bike :cry:

Get yourself down to Bricklane market on Sunday morning and be prepared to buy it back, quite possibly in parts. There are a lot of stolen bikes sold usually off Sclater street. Pretty sure I saw my old ribble being sold as parts from a number of seperate stalls there the weekend after it was taken.

Good luck.

Back