bianchi team martini

vincenth

Retro Guru
I just came home after driving a worthwile 3.5 hours and could not wait to share this: a bianchi team martinni almost full xtr equiped, sellle italia mythos saddle and manitou sx forks.
the bike has been in storage for the last 5 years but it seems like it only needs some oil, grease and fresh air in the tyres.
frame and decals are in very good condition, only the martini red has faded a bit.
I'll post better pictures tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSC_0102.JPG
    DSC_0102.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 1,100
  • DSC_0103.JPG
    DSC_0103.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,100
Re:

thank you
No, I haven't got it from ebay. I was lucky to find it on a belgium website '2dehands.be'

Re:

I love that celeste pearl paintwork! Looks in good condition too. Can't wait to see pictures in the Belgian Sun :cool:

Mike

It would have been the Dutch sun. Sadly there was no sun today, only lots of rain.
but I did take a few better pictures and did a close inspection on the bike. It is almost as good as I hoped. Only drawback is the chainstay; there are quite a few places with rust underneath the paintwork. I've read that these frames are very sensitive to rust so I better fix this as soon as possible.
anyways, here are more pictures:

Attachments

• DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 1,035
  • DSC_0005.JPG
    DSC_0005.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 1,036
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    249 KB · Views: 1,034
  • DSC_0008.JPG
    DSC_0008.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 1,034
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 1,035
Re:

It's steel! Even better then!

I'm not up on my Deda whatshisname tubing! Looks great in the pictures! :cool: :cool:

Don't often see Bianchi mtb's. Steel even rarer.

Here's a tip for the paint. Nail varnish. I used it on my road one.

Mike

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1r6fh3r5 said:

I'm not up on my Deda whatshisname tubing! Looks great in the pictures! :cool: :cool:

Mike

I worry about you sometimes Mike, that's one hell of a colour match you got going on there.... How many shops and nail varnish isles did you visit to find that shade

Looks like you went slightly up market ... Kate's ehh :shock:

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":27xp6v20 said:
Mike Muz 67":27xp6v20 said:

Mike

I worry about you sometimes Mike, that's one hell of a colour match you got going on there.... How many shops and nail varnish isles did you visit to find that shade

Looks like you went slightly up market ... Kate's ehh :shock:

I walked all the way to the local Tesco. About two minutes! Not a bad match mate,

Top of the seat tube and clamp are done with this stuff. I did get some funny looks from the girls in make up. So I went up to them, bold as brass, and asked them which of the two I had in mind was best! We all agreed on this one :LOL: :LOL:
Also got a funny look from the security guard too. Surely he's seen a giant panda walk in the shop with a Bianchi frame under his arm (leg?) before ! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Re:

So you bought Rimmel and ended up giving an Italian frame the London look :D

Anyway Mikee boy we'd better stop this thread hijack.

BTW I agree the colour match is spookily close to being a factory matchpot

Back