1992 Marin Eldridge Grade seatpost size

Stiff_Orange

Old School Hero
Anybody know the seatpost size for a 1992 Marin Eldridge Grade.

Just had to chemically remove the old one, which I think may have been forced in against its will.

Cheers

OOh, I'll see if I can have a look in the morning. I know its an odd size. or is it that I'm odd? I forget...

Re:

is it 26.4mm.? from what i remember when removing ringo's stuck one.

the 1991 eldridge has the weird size of 29.5mm or some such daftness. got one in the shed

Re:

I'm pretty sure my Pine Mountain was 27.0, but I'm not sure they were the same across the range.

Re:

It's 100% a 26.4mm ( I have it beside me ;) ) similar to many nice bikes of that era.

Re:

Lovely bikes those! Just bagged another frame to replace my faded old one.... Marins finest hour, lookswise in my opinion. :cool:

Re: Re:

PopsTrippin":2oka8vnh said:
Lovely bikes those! Just bagged another frame to replace my faded old one.... Marins finest hour, lookswise in my opinion. :cool:

100% agree. The 92 EG ride is something. Very smooth and comfy but still tight as a drum with perfect geometry. There were lots of bikes of that era using the same tubing spec etc but they don't have the ride of that EG imo. That kind of difference always fascinated me.

Back