Ridgeback 601 LX

scooter

Retro Guru
Hi all ,
Heres a ridgeback 601 LX that i have just acquired .

Long story short -
Im certain this bike used to belong to a mate of mine who owned it in 85-87 ish from new and sold after a few years to a local girl (cash needed for fags :LOL: )
I know this girl and previously asked about the bike which she remembers giving it to a relative yonks ago!
Then a few weeks ago outside the local newsagent i see this bike and im certain its the same bike,(not seen one since) had a brief chat with the guy and he tells me he pulled form a skip down the road (within 1/2 mile from where my mate lived and the girl who bought it) told him this story and said my mate would love to buy it back etc , conversation fizzled out & he rides off without me getting any details, luckily i see him again (same shop) and we sort out a deal, so ive now done a swap with him & now the RIDGE-IS-BACK :LOL: & my mate doesn't know ive got it..

Thanks scott

Re:

Nice bit of bike detectiving. Do it up and deliver it in person.

I had a blue trek 850 and dark green saracen kili comp, ltd ed that id like to be reunited with, theres your next challenge

Re: Ridgeback 601 info

Rampage":23i3fqp9 said:
It's almost the same frame as my Ridgeback. A lot of the components are the same too.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=325214

Yeah yours is similar , the fork crowns a bit more fancier than mine.
I reckon mine must be around 85 - 86 ish, maybe when i strip it down there may be some stamping on calipers or something?

Re: Re:

Ive now stripped it down and de-greased it ,

so the plan is give it a re-spray, (mask up the decals) polish it up and rebuild,

Looking at what parts i have it seems the front wheel and tyre is non original & im not sure on the saddle ? but i think these are parts that i'll need .

I'll put some more pics up soon whilst its in bits and hope i can source a front wheel & tyres (gum / tan wall type) .

Re: Re:

vcballbat":lcmbg1ks said:
Got a similar rear mech on my Alan tourer...but personally I prefer a Campag Rally!!

:facepalm:........... Pin drop......... tumbleweeds............:LOL:

Hows your project going -http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=294628

Back