Cleaning Tyres

i just use fairy washing up liquid applied to a washing up sponge (the type with the green scouring pad on one side), I squirt fairy liquid directly onto the wet sponge and gently scrub the tyre walls until clean. Rinse with lots of clean water and dry off the wheels with a micro fibre cloth.

Agree with washing machine when's the wife's out.
Let me know if you try fabric softener or whatever it's called as that's one thing I've never tried.

Makes em smell nice out on the trail! :LOL:

Rampage":10dyrzme said:
Agree with washing machine when's the wife's out.
Let me know if you try fabric softener or whatever it's called as that's one thing I've never tried.

Re:

Gum walls can be a real sod as they always show up any dirt.
I've found a good remedy is prevention as opposed to cure. What I do is use tyre dressing (which can be bought from Halfords) which deflects dirt from the tyre and allows it to be washed off. But, you must bear in mind that tyre dressing is usually a silicon based lubricant so must not make its way onto braking rims.

Re: Re:

There is usually enough scummy old detergent plastered to the inside of your machine to give them just the right amount. Don't tumble dry them though! :D

Gaddmeister":ns2khu2t said:
But you said no detergent? They are in the machine now!

I've always used washing powder, sometimes it doesn't leave some white marks that need to be washed off though.

Back