Ritchey Logic LP Canti blue pads

rbike

Dirt Disciple
Anyone tried these? They seem to be pretty hard on the rims. Noticed a lot of fine alu dust after one short descent. They also make noise not squeek but like grinding) soon after short breaking. I am using Weinmann BCX2 rims. I cleaned the rims before instalation.

I thought they were soft...

Re:

yeah, i've used them and still have them on one bike, if set up right, with the 1-2mm back end stood away from rim then, they bite pretty well with no squeal but, as you say can sound like a heavy rub and grind sound.

Exactly where they sit in terms of compound grade, dunno! but not particularly soft. i'd say medium/hard as i believe the blue are for 'all-weather' iirc. And crc once listed them as extreme grade?

My summary. they seem to work in most cases if set up right but, wear fast and maybe take your rims to the same fate... :)

Re:

I think the reds where the wxteme weathers. See what cool stops coding is, might be the same.

If they are hard though they'll scream a bit in warm dry weather.

Re:

Blue are definitely the extreme conditions ones, I have them on a couple of bikes, the red/orange are more general purpose and softer more like the salmon coolstops.

Yes, on the package is written black --> red --> blue (toward extreme or wet). So blue is for extreme/wet/mud.

So maybe in general is like - more water --> lower friction coeficient --> pads have to be more agressive toward the rim. So more rim friendly are softer pads...which work better in dry and worse in wet. Since the shape of pads black/red/blue is the same (at least at Ritchey).

Has there been any test of rim pads? Would be nice to have something like that, for us who do stick with canti...and they are hard to find here...

Re:

I find the coolstop salmon fantastic in all conditions, the red ritcheys are nearly as good and the blue seem to work well in any condition. The black aztec pads are also very good.

Thanks for suggestion chrisv40. I ordered one pair of koolstop salmon/black thin, to see how it goes. What about swissstop? Price is like double...

Back