Oval seat tubes

Re:

You mean the bottom bracket/seattube junction, can't quite see on my phone but is it a continuous ovalisation side to side and not the bulge style (sudden buldge in diameter all around) that can later from Tange?

Tange certainly used it, maybe with the Prestige series? Looks like a nice oval of the higher Tange than the cheaper I've seen on cheap kona and orange frames. But then I can't quite see.

Anyway that early 90s and late 80s I remember seeing them. Probably earlier though. Check out some catalogues.

The stays remind me of TOYO stays, used by Rocky among others around there. I think some models, may have had height rite mounts speceed.
Again can't quite tell and cannot search around for info.

Re:

It's a pretty smooth transition from round to oval, which starts about 100mm above the joint with the bottom bracket.
The Prestige tubes I've seen all seem to be a more sudden transition.
This looks more like the Columbus Max OR tubing, but I'm not sure when this was first used

Re: Re:

makster":218pgq2j said:
It's a pretty smooth transition from round to oval, which starts about 100mm above the joint with the bottom bracket.
The Prestige tubes I've seen all seem to be a more sudden transition.
This looks more like the Columbus Max OR tubing, but I'm not sure when this was first used

The sudden is the bulge butting in later concept and then super tubing.

The oval came before that in normal prestige (and ritchey Tange tubing)

Back