Bikespace Recycling Project

Bikespace

Retro Newbie
Hi All,

We are a Not-For-Profit Bicycle Recycling and Education Project based in Plymouth and we are all bike enthusiasts - old and new!

Personally I have been Mountain Biking since buying a Muddy Fox Courier in 1987 and have a Breezer Storm and Pre-War DX Schwinn Klunker hanging on the wall at work...

We have loads of early Mountain Bikes that we are just never going to get round to restoring. They are too challenging for our excluded kids at the project to do justice and they have been piling up and we need the space!

Would you guys be interested if I post them on the For Sale board? Obviously Plymouth is a bit out of the way but we could potentially courier them if people are interested...

If you are interested in the project then have a look here: http://www.bikespace.org.uk/workshop/

Cheers

G

Re:

Get em up. Might be interested and there are plenty of fellow retro fans in Devon

Sounds good to me, will make some of us very happy to buy them, get them back on the trails and gets you more money. Win win ;)

Like most (if not all) members here, I'm always glad to see bikes (or projects) go to good homes. Being from Plymouth myself, I'd be curious to see what you've got as well.

Always good to hear of this kind of thing. I've been involved with the Bristol Bike Project for a number of years now, and it's lovely to see them popping up all over the country

Re:

Hi,

Thanks for the kind replies. We are aiming to have a full day in the workshop tomorrow with no admin distractions so will try and get photos up of some Retro Projects!

Cheers

G

Re:

Hi,

Long story with the Foes! Not a donation but one of my own bikes. I raced it at Caersws and the Pearce Races amongst other things for a few years. It then got stolen and that was that for about five years until it surfaced on ebay resprayed (badly!) in white with the seller claiming he had only used it a couple of times and then long termed stored it. I spotted it straight away as BETD had machined some custom parts that were still attached and it ended up back with me via Essex Constbulary!

Cheers

G

Re:

Hi,

Right - the main thing we have learnt today is that we need a massive tidy up!

I have taken a few snaps to give you an idea of the kind of things we have. You wont be finding a Klein or a Pace but we have some bikes that I would love to restore or just hang on the wall if I had the time and space!

Lets start with this KHS - Excuse the terrible phot, I'll take a better one if anyone's interested:

P9250047.jpg

How about a GT Tempest - not that exciting but a nice bike:

P9250054.jpg

I should dig this GT out for a better photo really. It has a crazy shaped top tube to accomodate the cabling - I think it might be a Pantera - I can always go back up the ladder if anyone likes it:

P9250053.jpg

Another KHS, this one's a complete bike in pretty good nick:

P9250052.jpg

One of those Marins - were they called B17s? Anyway, this one hasn't snapped:

P9250051.jpg

Another Marin - not that Retro but it's got Maguras:

P9250050.jpg

Another KHS. This one is lovely, True Temper and Full XT. It did have a seized seatpost but Mr Blowtorch sorted that. Very, very slight darkening of the paint at the top of the seat tube and the black anodising burnt of the top of the Easton post:

P9250046.jpg

And for a bonus point who can identify this one...? I don't know what it is but there is a Columbus sticker and full XT. Not sure if it's been sprayed or that's just how things were back then:

P9250048.jpg

P9250049.jpg

If you like I'll post up some pics of my Breezer and DX Schwinn. I can take better pics and answer questions on any of these plus there are plenty more...

Cheers

G

Those Marins dont actually snap and the weirdo is a Puch plus a few other brand names sold with the same frame.

The Carerra Quattro isnt a bad old thing either

Give me a day and a beer or two and I'll have the majority of those bikes up and ready. Its no boast either, theres those here that know that its more than feasible.

Back