Identify: 1euro suspension fork

protege

Retro Newbie
I recently bought this '96 Koga Miyata Burner. Completely stock, so I thought. Drove and picked it up and put it back together when I got home. Compared it to the Koga brochure and specs and then I noticed the fork wasn't in the 'package' at the time.

However I have not been able to find anything on this fork. The fork has some stickers on the rebound and compression dials. It says 1 euro suspension. Or euro 1 suspension whatever way you interpret it. It's a quite sturdy sticker and by the looks of it not homebrew.
Also the brake booster thing has EURO machined in it.

The fork crown looks like the older Manitou's but couldn't find anything similar.
I could date back the Modus H500XX being used by someone in 2000 but perhaps they were used even earlier. Former owner knows nothing about the bike unfortunately.

Halp? :facepalm:

Attachments

• IMG_3857.JPG
    IMG_3857.JPG
    167.5 KB · Views: 747
  • IMG_3861.JPG
    IMG_3861.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 742
  • IMG_3862.JPG
    IMG_3862.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 740
  • IMG_3865.JPG
    IMG_3865.JPG
    150.1 KB · Views: 746
  • retrobike-koga.jpg
    retrobike-koga.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 580
Looks like a Balistic or an RST but as they are a Taiwanese mass producers they could punt them out in many guises. Very probably wrong.

Whereabouts do you hail from ? Quite international on here and it could help to narrow things down

Im also surprised it didn't cost 1 Euro.

Re:

Cheers for the answers so far.
I'm from Holland and the fork looks like it was produced before the €uro was introduced.

Whats strikes me when I see the picture of the dial now is that graphic is not dead center. The whole graphic leans toward the bottom right picture if you see how close the black line is to the edge of the sticker compared to the space the black line has on the bottom left.

Feels like I should tear it off :LOL:

[edit] I also mailed the bike shop (it isn't close to me), it should still exist so hopefully there's still someone who can recall what it is. [/edit]

Re:

So the dealer responded, they didn't know anything about it.
Told me to contact Koga Miyata in the Netherlands.

Contacted them and it was send to their tech department but
nobody can recall.

Too unfortunate as it seems and feels like a pretty good. It has a nice plush feeling. It exactly feels like the 2005/6 Rockshox Reba Race I have.

Re:

Where the hell did you take those pictures

The first one looks like the new set for a Cillit Bang advert
Either that or your cleaners are Dwarfs an can only reach 3 foot up the wall :LOL:

Believe me Cillit Bang won't help haha!

The pictures are taken in an old bakery. Build around the 60s.
I'm not sure if the tiles have that print or if they're actually worn by all the work that was done here. XD

For my work it's a good spot to take pictures though.

Attachments

• 4998-sixties-stoel-tsjechie-3.jpg
    4998-sixties-stoel-tsjechie-3.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 513
Back