Dia Compe USA Speedcheck Disc Brakes ... Ahhhh 1994 :)

jimi911

BoTM Triple Crown
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I picked these up ... Couldn't resist. I'm a sucker for old tech and these came out right in the sweet spot of my teenage years.

2 x NOS Dia Compe USA Speedcheck Disc brakes and Tsali Hub. Designed by Hayes I believe and $299.99US for a front BiTD :shock:

Has anyone actually put these on a bike? Aesthetically they aren't much but they are still very cool, and worth the $10 I paid for them :D

I have one too! Installed the front caliper on a skinny 94 Quadra fork, looks hilarious. The scariest thing to me is the hub flanges. Because the caliper is so big the disc side flange had to get moved waaaayyy in towards the center of the hub.

Baulz":2t98cfy1 said:
I have one too! Installed the front caliper on a skinny 94 Quadra fork, looks hilarious. The scariest thing to me is the hub flanges. Because the caliper is so big the disc side flange had to get moved waaaayyy in towards the center of the hub.

Did you ever try it? I figured I'd just keep it for the sake of having it ... Put it in my never to use parts bin with my NOS Sachs Manitou Disc fork and ReBound fork :LOL:

No, never built the wheel. Thought about using it on a early Zaskar I'm slowly rebuilding, the Manitou 1 fork is missing a brake post, and needs wheels too so it could work out. I would be scared to ride it.

I like the early discs for some reason, have a pair of nice shiny NOS Hugi 3 bolt hubs on the shelf. Can you post a pic of those forks?

k-rod":2djaczh2 said:
Boy ... you guys really are addicts!

Retrobation. :p

Hahaha

Baulz":2djaczh2 said:
I like the early discs for some reason, have a pair of nice shiny NOS Hugi 3 bolt hubs on the shelf. Can you post a pic of those forks?

Here's the Manitou. Sachs made a disc hub for it. There were several on eBay for peanuts and than I acquire this and, of course, no hubs.

Back