potential hei hei purchase

specializedm2

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys, there's a kona hei hei for sale at the moment that the seller doesn't know that much about, could anyone decipher the code stamped on the bb for me please?

B20031

I'm hoping the 20 means 20" ?!

ta

There is a thread on this one in the eBay section mate. Potentially a deal but the forks are far too long for that frame which will could have cracked the head tube. Hence why it's still around.

Plus a seller who doesn't know much about a kona heihei is dubious as. It's not really the sort of high end frame you would have bought without knowing a lot about it if you get my drift. Probably selling for his mate, who is now overseas, in the desert and can't get email

Cool, just had a read. It's not too far from me so might have a looksee. Just have to budget in for a set of P2's! It looks like it's been set up for commuting and if the forks are newish then might not have seen much off road, but then why would you put them on?!
Yep selling for a friend apparently, I guess if its been for sale a few times a better price could be had.....

Yeah if its not cracked i would offer somthing less. espcially if you have hard cash in back pocket right there right now. On the spot hard cash always sells stuff ;)

So, i just bought this :D

Seemed an honest sale, the frame is in really good nick as are the wheels and components. I'll start to get it stripped down at the weekend.

Can one of the Kona bods tell me what specific P2 I need to look for?

Pre 1996 395mm ATC. Assuming it's a 15cm head tube it will be around 193cm threaded. Triple butted ideally.
.... There are fabled titanium ones. If by some rocking horse poo. magic you find one. Prepare to hand over more cash than you paid for the frame.

You will have a hard enough time finding 193cm Steerers. Realistically best bet is to find an old frame and fork in 20" and pillage them.

ok thanks, yeah i'm not holding my breath for a ti fork ha!

have started the strip down, have been halted by not being able to find my crank extractor......but, I can clearly see the stamped letters ROYCE on the bb :D

the bar looks to be ti as well, anyone able to identify it?

04PrlC.jpg

Back